At the Interchapter meeting in Obra July, 2019 the plan for the second Oblate Lay Associations’ Congress (2 ObLAC 21) was launched, and the Superior General and Council has fixed the date of the Congress to July 16-18, 2021. In January 2021 the Superior General announced the postponement and in March 2021 the decision was taken that the 2nd Oblate Lay Congress would be held on 27-29 May 2022.
✤The Aims of this Congress To revisit and develop the wonderful spirit experienced at the Oblate Congress of Lay Associates in Aix on May 18- 20, 1996: “Impassioned for Christ, the Church and the Mission”;
- To deepen some themes (capture the spirit and enthusiasm) that rose up through the Charism Congress 2015;
- To strengthen and deepen the identity of Oblate lay associations; To encourage youth to be an important part of the Oblate family;
- To celebrate our close relationship with the laity in all our ministries;
- To spread and deepen the Oblate charism amongst the laity that are together with us in ministry;
- To share locally, regionally, and at the congregational level, the depth and variety of ways of connecting as a big family joined together through the charism of St. Eugene de Mazenod;
- To ensure that the Oblates themselves are aware and see the Oblate family as truly family and partners in mission and not merely recipients or minor players in the whole Oblate mission.